About Me

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Since I've neglected this blog so much lately I decided to bomb you with cards today.  These are the cards from last weeks card class. 
 
 
This card is using a new embossing folder called Lovely Lace and I love it.  The cross and greeting are from a new set called Blessed by God.  We embossed the images in white embossing powder and then colored them with the new Blendabilities pens.  Tomorrow I'll show you another card done with this method.

 
The DSP here is Lullaby.   The stamp set is From My Heart.

 
This is one of my new favorite stamp sets.  Traveler.  And of course the trees are Lovely as a Tree.  I hope this set never retires.

 
And this card uses an old favorite called Sketched Birthday.  The background on the So Saffron is done with marbles.  Just put a couple of drops of ink in an old stamp case and add a couple of marbles.  Roll the marbles around to get them covered and then adhere (use very little)  your card stock to the inside of the top, turn the case over and roll the marbles around. 

 
This card uses the stamp set called Flowering Flourishes and the Petite Petal punch.  And below is a close up of the rhinestones.  You can color rhinestone with your blendabilities.  This color is the darkest pen in the skin tone set.  Cool, right?

 
 

 
This card uses another new stamp set called Boys Will Be Boys.  What can I say about this set except that everyone needs a stamp set to use for little boy cards.  And this is one of my favorite color combo's.  Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. 

 
And here's my June Christmas card.  Had to use my imagination for this one.  It's hard to do a Christmas card when most of the Christmas stamp sets have retired and the new mini won't be out for another month.  So this one is using the stamp set called Daydream Medallions.  And we got to play with the Stamp A Ma Jig because this is two different circle stamps.  Everyone tried it and some had better results than others.  And on a side note.  I had already lost the plastic sheet that came with the Stamp A Ma Jig.  What to do?  I looked at a lot of different things and then the light went on and I used the plastic case that some framelits came in.  I always put my framelits in a stamp case and the empty case was perfect to use with the Stamp A Ma Jig.  Of course I had to cut it down to a nice square but it works great.  And the best thing is that if I lose it again I know where to get another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment